Name and title: Antti Sommarhem MD, PhD, Chief Hand Surgeon at Mehiläinen Finland
Special areas of expertise: Hand and wrist injuries
Additional expertise: Acute treatment and late reconstructions of hand and wrist fractures, tendon, cartilage, nerve and ligament injuries of adults, children and adolecents.
Quote: “My passion is to bring together profound understanding of the complex dynamics of hand and highly developed surgical skills to what hand means for You.”
Education and work history:
- MD 2001
- PhD 2007
- Specialist in Hand Surgery 2011
- Hand Surgery fellowship in National University Hospital Singapore Department of Hand and Reconstruvtive Microsurgery 2011-12
- Consultant Hand Surgeon, Children’s Hospital Helsinki Finland 2010-2011, 2012-2019.
- Consultant Hand Surgeon South Carelian Central Hospital Finland 2013-
- Consultant Hand Surgeon Aava, Terveystalo, Mehiläinen 2011-
- Chief of Hand Surgery Mehiläinen Finland 2019-
Patients include: Athletes from different disciplines.
Procedures per year: 500
- Board member of Finnish Society for Surgery of Hand 2014-2018.
- Phisos (Pediatric Hand International Study Group of Surgeons) member 2019-
Contact information: email@example.com