Name and title: Marko Yrjövuori, Performance and Coaching Specialist
Special areas of expertise: Performance specialist, sports therapist, athletic training, biomechanics training
Additional expertise: Strength conditioning, physical training, speed coaching
Quote: “Leave your ego at home, this job is about the athletes.”
Education and work history:
- Performance Specialist and Athletic Trainer
- Certified Biomechanics Coach
- Certified Strength Conditioning Specialist
- Certified Instructor for Physical Therapy in State of California
- Certified Speed Coach
- Athletic Trainer, LA Kings, 2000–2003
- Athletic Trainer, Los Angeles Lakers, 2003–2016
- Head of Physical Training, FC Inter Turku, 2016–2017 season
- Medical Trainer, Finnish National Basketball Team
- Performance and Coaching Specialist, Hospital Neo and Mehiläinen Sports Hospital
Patients include: E.g. players and top athletes from NHL and NBA teams.
Contact with sports clubs: Los Angeles Kings, Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Dodgers, USA Tennis Association, Los Angeles Clippers, USC, Red Bull Performance, Finnish National Basketball Team
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page updated 5.5.2020. Name and title adjusted.
Page updated 5.5.2020 Work history adjusted from Director of Coaching to Performance and Coaching Specialist.
Page updated 1.5.2020. Incorrect mention of Misty May-Treanor removed.